Labels

Sunday 11 November 2012

Mini Muffins with Baby Food

I wanted to use up ripe bananas - and I am not a huge Banana bread fan.... until I found this recipe. 

I totally forgot to pick up applesauce when I was getting groceries... so I improvised. 

I had baby food in the pantry - apples and carrots - how convenient.

What a great way to add the pureed fruits and veggies..... and the prep was non existent. 

Double Awesome.



Mini Banana Muffins - A Kid Favourite




Ingredients

4 ripe bananas
1 1/4 all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 egg whites
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/4 sunflower oil
1/2 cup carrot puree
1/2 cup un-sweetened apple sauce

Preheat oven to 350.

Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients.
In another bowl mash bananas until soft. Then add all other wet ingredients to bananas.
Add dry ingredients to wet - do not over mix.
Scoop batter into tins.
Bake for 50- 55 minutes.
Let cool.



The Original recipe is from "The Eat Clean Diet - For Family & Friends" cookbook. Find the Eat Clean site here.



1 comment:

  1. Yum. I am so making these. Love the blog Jen!

    ReplyDelete